Saturday, April 3, 2010

Preparing For The Journey

I am just a few nights away from leaving the United States to venture to Ireland, another country with entirely different social system. I am excited along with anxious, hoping that I am capable of absorbing as much about the Irish as I can. Yet something deep inside me feels like it is returning to a point of origin, coming home.

I have had many restless nights as I go over plans, repack my backpack and organize affairs in case of emergencies. You can only do so much planning though and in the end you have to give it up to faith and just hope all goes well without incident. You cannot let those insecurities or worries paralyze you, and it is in that irony that I find myself experiencing a bit of Irish cyclical nature.

So this evening we sat and played games with our neighbors, had leftover quiet time with our daughter, and finished up wandering thoughts on the internet. A swirl of actions in one day. I look forward to what tomorrow has to offer, and what the next seven weeks bring forth.

No comments: