Friday, April 23, 2010

The First Week

We near the end of our first week in the Gleann and I have already begun to see the world in a dramatically different way. With each passing day I am giving the gift of learning something new and interesting. On Wednesday we began learning a deeper understanding of places names all over Europe and Ireland, the commonality of those names and the connection to the Celtic people of the ancient world. It has evoked feelings I have little understanding of but the knowledge is something I am in awe of.

This was after bodhran playing, which was really quite exciting and exhilarating, rounding that day off as one of the best. Thursday we did drawing and dancing, both presenting a challenge to myself but very rewarding. It has been a long time since I sat down and drew and I can only hope that my patience lasts as long as this journey.

Today we will wrap up the week with a fantastic singer, singing in the "old style" of Irish sean-nós, and teaching us all about it. Not that we haven't learned but the whole experience here is to get it from the people themselves. It should be a grand time.

My dreams have been ones of interesting prospective; ranging from resolved issues to alternate lives and I cannot help but feel it is the Universe's way of confirming this path I am on. I hope to be able to have more as they seem to be helping in ways I had not expected. It is amazing at how vivid and surreal they have become since being here; causing me to want to dig deeper into their meanings in order to fully understand and utilize their messages.

This has indeed been a week of revelation and insight. I hope it continues this way.

No comments: