Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Time Slowly Ticks

It is slowly getting closer to the time of our departure. Ireland has never looked so close and yet feel so far away, it is a melancholy feeling I am left with. I find myself running out of things to do, as I await the final things for packing.

I have been listening to the music from our class, songs like Kilkelly and Skibbereen, the previous song whispers haunting memories of my own. I have books picked out, clothes planned and my drum aches to finally be on the road. In all this elation I find myself reflecting on the past, not to dwell but to remind me from where I come.

I have my traveling butt freckle, Gerry the Garcia, who will be traveling with other butt freckles, and keep my journey on the lighter side of life. The group will eventually make their way on to Facebook somehow I am sure. As I find ways to occupy myself, while the day gets closer, I keep outlining papers and planning short videos. The curse of an over-active mind.

One week from tonight we will be finishing up final details, packing (for the fifth time!) and organizing passports and I.D's. I look forward to the travel chaos!

No comments: